Construction sites are very dangerous areas. Many things on a construction site like large vehicles and equipment, electrical cables, toxic materials, and combustible materials pose a risk of injury. Construction companies are highly regulated and are required to take standard safety precautions to avoid injury to workers and others around the construction site. If you are the victim of a construction accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injury. You should speak to a Butte construction accident lawyer from Everett Cook Law to find out more about your rights.
Why Choose Our Team For Your Injury?
- At Everett Cook Law, our Butte construction accident lawyers take pride in providing compassionate and personalized legal services to our clients.
- Our lawyers have decades of experience helping clients get the best outcome possible in their cases.
A construction accident can be a life-changing event, but you do not have to suffer through it alone. For a free consultation and evaluation of your case, contact Everett Cook Law. Call (406) 563-5005 to schedule an appointment.
Types of Construction Accident Injuries
Construction accidents can result in a wide variety of injuries. Some serious construction accident injuries include:
- Loss of limb
- Eye and face injury
- Respiratory dysfunction
- Hearing loss
- Traumatic brain injury
If you have suffered a construction accident injury, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible and contact an experienced Butte work injury lawyer.
Construction Safety Standards
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has set standard requirements to address the leading hazards on construction sites. These standards cover:
- Fall protection for workers working six or more feet above a lower level
- Proper use of ladders, including the type of ladder and how to secure the base of the ladder
- Standards for stairways and their components, including temporary stairways used during construction
- Design and erection of scaffolding
- Controlling electrical hazards
- Safe trenching and excavations
- Traffic control for safe movement of vehicles
A construction company’s failure to adhere to OSHA’s safety standards is good evidence of the breach of their duty to avoid causing harm to others on the construction site.
Recovering Damages Following a Construction Accident
If you were a construction worker on the site of the accident, you may be entitled to make a workers’ compensation claim. Unfortunately, your workers’ compensation benefits may be insufficient to cover all your damages. After a thorough investigation of your case, your construction accident lawyer may identify negligent third parties who may also be liable for the damages you have suffered.
Your damages may include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of established course of life
To make a successful claim, you need an experienced construction accident lawyer who understands the construction industry and will fight for you to get the financial compensation that you deserve. At Everett Cook Law, our construction accident lawyers have the resources and skills to investigate your case, determine the legally responsible parties, gather evidence, value your damages, and recover compensation for your injuries.
Contact A Butte Construction Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
The Butte construction accident lawyers at Everett Cook have decades of experience fighting for injured people in Montana. We have successfully secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Contact us for a free consultation and evaluation of your case. Contact us or call (406) 563-5005 today to get started.