Often, clients come to us after repeated attempts to claim insurance money have ended in frustration. Insurance companies are looking out for their best interests; Let us represent yours.
Getting insurance companies to pay for property, health, car and other insurance claims can be confusing and even infuriating. Let our Butte insurance dispute attorney help you navigate the system and get what is yours.
When you buy an insurance policy and make your premium payments, you do that with the expectation that your loss will be covered when you make a claim. Unfortunately, when you suffer a loss, getting payment for a covered incident can sometimes become a battle with your insurance company. Insurance companies are businesses whose profit margins are affected by the number of claims that they pay out and they will deploy any resources necessary to limit their payouts, often to the detriment of policyholders.
If you hold an insurance policy and are struggling to obtain payment for your covered loss, the insurance dispute lawyers at Everett Cook Law can help you. Call us today at (406) 563-5005 for more information about how we can help you. We offer free consultations.
Unfair Insurance Claim Settlement Practices
Montana state law recognizes the difficulty that insured people experience trying to settle their insurance claims. Montana Code Ann. § 33-18-201 provides a list of unfair insurance claim settlement practices, which include:
- Misrepresenting pertinent facts or insurance policy provisions relating to a claim
- Failure to acknowledge or promptly respond to communications relating to a claim
- Failure to promptly investigate a claim and refusal to pay a claim without conducting a reasonable investigation of the claim
- Failure to affirm or deny coverage of claims within a reasonable time after proof of loss has been completed and presented
- Neglecting to attempt in good faith to cause a prompt, fair, and equitable settlement of claims in which liability has become reasonably clear
- Attempting to settle a claim for less than the amount to which a reasonable person would have believed the person was entitled by reference to advertising material or material contained in an application
- Failure to promptly settle claims, if liability has become reasonably clear, under one portion of the insurance policy coverage in order to influence settlements under other portions of the insurance policy coverage
- Failure to promptly provide a reasonable explanation of the basis in the insurance policy in relation to the facts or applicable law for denial of a claim or for the offer of a compromise settlement
If you have experienced any of these prohibited settlement practices with your insurance company, or are having difficulty processing your claim, you need an experienced Butte insurance dispute lawyer to step in and hold them accountable for their obligations.
Get In Touch With A Butte Insurance Dispute Lawyer Today
If your insurance company has used prohibited claim settlement practices in dealing with you, you may have an additional claim for any actual damages caused by their violation of the law. Your claim against your insurance company may be based on breach of contract or fraud. If you need help getting your insurance company to pay your property, health, car, or other insurance claims, the skilled Butte insurance dispute attorney at Everett Cook Law can help you get what you are entitled to under your policy. Contact us at (406) 563-5005 to schedule a free consultation.